Geldingadalir Eruption & Reykjanes Volcanic Zone | Small Group Day Tour
After complimentary pick up service we will take you on a scenic drive along the lava shaped coast towards the first stop. Under the care of our experienced guide you will follow the trail leading to the Geldingadalir Valley.
After around 45 minutes of hike the Fagradalsfjall Mountain will arise on the horizon offering you an amazing view over the volcanic crater throwing lava up to the height of 100 meters! But we will not stop there – we will take you as close as possible to witness the real spectacle of the nature.
The next stop sees us visit the Gunnuhver hot springs, a group of active mud pools and steam vents named after a local witch who in folklore met her doom here, so watch where you step!
Within 5 minutes drive we reach then Valahnúkamöl – stunning bird cliffs and basalt columns rising from the sea. We will also stop by Reykjanesviti Lighthouse – the oldest still standing structure of its kind in Iceland.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 8 years|
What is included
- Professional tour guided in English in a minibus
- Guided Hike to the Geldingadalir Valley (Fagradalsfjall Mountain) Eruption Site
- Pick up and drop off within Reykjavik - (CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS)
- Free Wi-Fi on bus & USB chargers next to every seat
- Difficulty level of this tour is moderate (involves approximately 2 hours of hiking)
- The tour takes about 10 hours
- Tour is being operated under all weather conditions: please bring warm, wind & waterproof clothes
- Good hiking shoes are obligatory (to be rented during booking process)
- Conditions at the eruption site can change - each tour is being evaluated prior to departure. We reserve the right to cancel the tour due to the safety reasons